About the IIUG
Welcome to the Premier Web Site for the Worldwide Community of Informix Users!
Founded in 1995, IIUG is a not for profit user organization which provides services to the Informix community and enables member voices to be heard collectively. IIUG is the most influential user group representing the users of Informix products. Members around the world network, share knowledge and influence IBM and other vendors through IIUG. IIUG membership is strong and growing, having doubled in size since IBM purchased the Informix portfolio in 2001. If you are just now discovering us and are interested in Informix technology, we encourage you to join now at no charge. Your IIUG membership information is protected; we do not sell member lists to any organization.
The IIUG Board of Directors are volunteer, member-elected representatives that build, maintain and promote communication between IBM, vendors, the IIUG members, and the public at large. On behalf of members, the IIUG board strongly influences the IBM Informix product family strategy. Likewise, working with the IIUG, vendors are able to deliver information, better products and services to Informix customers.
The IIUG board serves the members, vendors, and IBM by creating, maintaining, promoting, and supporting the following communication opportunities and services, all available at no charge:
- IIUG web site
- IIUG Insider (a monthly e-news report)
- Software downloads (members only)
- IDS 11 developer edition (members only)
- Open Admin Tool (OAT) (members only)
- Server Studio (members only)
- Sentinel (members only)
- Software repository of utilities
- Informix discussion forums - technical, non-technical, and special interest
- Local User Groups (creation, events, communication)
- Event calendar
- IIUG Informix conference
- Downloadable Informix conference presentations (members only)
- Informix surveys
- Promotion of Informix user wish lists/product features
- Informix job board
- IIUG TV
- Informix business directory
- Informix technical information and resources
- Business news related to Informix
- Informix success stories
- Informix library of documentation, books, and IBM RedBooks
- RSS feeds on most all content of the IIUG
- IBM Informix road maps
- IBM Informix Chat with the Labs webcasts
- IBM Informix press releases
- IBM contact assistance
- IBM Database Magazine content
- IBM DeveloperWorks content
- IBM representation on IIUG Board
- Sponsorship program
- IBM web site links for Informix products, solutions, tools & components
- links to Informix related websites, vendors, and other user communities
- IIUG Directors award recognizing significant IIUG contributions
- Repository of IIUG banners and logos
Become a Member, Get Involved!
Express your Informix passion! We welcome IIUG member contributions.
- IIUG Insider content / articles
- Informix content for IBM Database magazine
- IIUG web site ideas / content
- Alert us to other Informix content on the web
- Present at the Informix conference and local user groups
- IIUG TV
- Share your success story
Please contact us: http://www.iiug.org/iiug/contactus.html
Please visit the following areas to learn more about the IIUG, our mission and goals, and the resources we are working to provide to the Informix user community.
- The IIUG Board of Directors
- Biographical information about the IIUG President and Board of Directors.
- IIUG Charter and Bylaws
- The IIUG Charter and Bylaws. This document defines the goals of our organization and how it operates.
Other IIUG Information:
- IIUG Directors Award
- Annually since 2002, the IIUG has recognized individuals for their outstanding contribution to the Informix community through the IIUG Directors Award. Current and past year winners are listed here.
- IIUG Board Election Information
- Information on the IIUG Board of Directors annual election, the Nominating Committee, and procedures for perspective candidates.
- Help for Local User Groups (LUGs)
- A explanation of resources available to Local and Regional Informix User Groups.
- How to Contact the IIUG
- A listing of the various ways that you can reach us.